Market Harborough Day Boat hire
Day Boat hire from Market Harborough is suitable for 2-12 people plus 2 dogs. We offer all the training you need to captain your own little narrowboat up to Foxton and back. You might find time for a bite to eat at a waterfront pub, or moor up for a towpath picnic.
Perhaps you are celebrating something special – an anniversary or birthday – or perhaps you simply want to enjoy the company of family and friends for a few hours, away from all other distractions.
Book our Day Boats online using the calendars below and make your payment via Paypal or bank card as you choose.
Then gather your loved ones together for a day trip to remember.
Day Boat Prices
The prices below are to hire the entire Day Boat from 9.30am until 4.30pm (5pm in the warmer months), including parking, fuel and full training.
Jan 2020-Oct 2020
£170 weekdays excluding bank holidays
£220 weekends and bank holidays
Nov 2020-Dec 2020
£160 weekdays excluding bank holidays
Kingfisher Day Boat
Moorhen Day Boat
Dragonfly Day Boat
Last minute Day Boat bookings
If you’d like to book a day boat within the next three days, please call the marina office on 01858 432123 to discuss.
Please contact us if you need to cancel your booking for a genuine reason and we will do our best to find you an alternative date.
What’s on board
Your boat is fully equipped with the following:
- Small kitchenette with running water and eco-friendly washing up liquid and teatowel
- A small gas hob and kettle
- Small grill (Kingfisher only)
- Small oven (Dragonfly only)
- Cooking implements
- Can and bottle opener
- Fridge with ice box (on Moorhen)
- Large plug-in cool box (on Kingfisher and Dragonfly)
- Picnicware, cutlery, glasses
- Seating for up to 12
- Toilet with toilet paper, soap and a towel
- Roll-up side panels to enjoy the outdoors in fine weather
- Safety and boat handling equipment
You will need to bring:
- All food and drink (but please be mindful that the designated driver MUST remain sober)
- Hats, suncream, raincoats etc
- Non-slip shoes or trainers
Your route from Union Wharf at Market Harborough canal basin will take you through the peaceful Leicestershire landscape.
After your training, you will set off at around 10am, through a swing bridge and a further foot bridge, into the basin at the bottom of Foxton Locks.
Here you can enjoy a drink or some lunch at a canalside pub, before turning round by 2pm and heading back to Union Wharf.
You will disembark by 4.30pm (5pm in the lighter months) – with lots of memories to share 🙂